- Share educational and professional development opportunities with current library students and
academic librarians in Canada
- Raise awareness of issues regarding the current state of library education in Canada
- Monitor accreditation process in Canadian library education and seek out opportunities for
Communities of Practice
The Education & Professional Development promotes and supports Communities of Practice (COPs) to share information and experiences, increasing knowledge and awareness of timely and important issues in librarianship.
Current Communities of Practice include:
- Information Literacy, coordinated by Helen Power (helen.power AT uwindsor.ca) and facilitated by Carol Leibiger (c.leibiger AT usd.edu)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, facilitated by Mark Weiler (mweiler AT alumni.sfu.ca)
- Research and Writing, facilitated by Michael Dudley (m.dudley AT uwinnipeg.ca)
- Game-based Learning, facilitated by Martha Attridge-Bufton (MarthaAttridgeBufton AT cunet.carleton.ca)
If interested in joining a Community of Practice, please contact the facilitator. If interested in creating a new Community of Practice, please review the Community of Practice Guidelines and contact the EPD Committee chair (james.murphy2 AT ucalgary.ca).
View this post in: Anglais