- Share educational and professional development opportunities with current library students and
academic librarians in Canada
- Raise awareness of issues regarding the current state of library education in Canada
- Monitor accreditation process in Canadian library education and seek out opportunities for
Communities of Practice
The Education & Professional Development promotes and supports Communities of Practice (COPs) to share information and experiences, increasing knowledge and awareness of timely and important issues in librarianship.
Current Communities of Practice include:
- Information Literacy, coordinated by Helen Power (helen.power AT uwindsor.ca) and facilitated by Carol Leibiger (c.leibiger AT usd.edu)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, coordinated by Mark Weiler (mweiler AT alumni.sfu.ca)
If interested in joining a Community of Practice, please contact the coordinator. If interested in creating a new Community of Practice, please review the Community of Practice Guidelines and contact the EPD Committee chair (james DOT murphy2 AT ucalgary DOT ca).
Voir cet article en: Anglais