CAPAL Funding Policy
The purpose of this policy is to create a transparent process for subunits within CAPAL to request funding for their activities.
The funds are available for committees, communities of practice, and other groups created and/or recognized by CAPAL as a part of the Association.
Potential expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Accessibility services (for example, live transcription, closed captioning, ASL interpretation)
Eligible groups should submit a proposal to the Board of Directors for a vote.
This proposal should include:
- Title of the request
- Name of the committee/community of practice/or other group requesting the funding
- A primary person of contact with contact information
- Purpose for the money (in under one paragraph)
- Benefit to the CAPAL community (in one sentence)
- Estimated expense
The WCAG Community of Practice requests funding for live transcription of a webinar. The benefit would be for accessibility purposes.
Requests should be submitted to email@example.com two months prior to the event date, for reimbursement. Please include “Funding Request” in the subject line.
Voir cet article en: Anglais