Co-Editor sought for the Canadian Journal of Academic Librarianship / Revue Canadienne de bibliothéconomie universitaire0
The CAPAL/ACBES Publications Committee invites nominations and applications for the position of co-editor of CJAL/Rcbu, our association’s scholarly journal. This position begins at the Annual General Meeting in May/June 2019 and continues for a three-year term.The deadline to receive nominations or applications is April 17th, 2020.
The journal editors have complete editorial control but are answerable to the Publications Committee for all non-editorial matters. Editors are appointed by the CAPAL Board of Directors on the advice of the Publications Committee.
The expected qualifications, responsibilities, and nomination/application procedures are shown below. Please be sure to read the journal editors’ Terms of Reference and the information about the journal’s aims and scope as provided at cjal.ca / rcbu.ca.
Please note that like all CAPAL positions, this is a volunteer, unpaid position. The new Co-Editor will join current Co-Editors Kristin Hoffmann (term ending 2021), Marie-Ève Ménard (term ending 2021), and Eveline Houtman (term ending 2022).
Characteristics of Editors:
- Editors should be members of CAPAL/ACBES.
- At least one editor should be fully fluent in French and one fully fluent in English. (N.B. This criterion is currently met among the continuing editors.)
- Editors are selected on the basis of evidence of scholarly or research activity and aptitude for editorial work. Ideally, editors have published at least one peer-reviewed article in the past five years.
- There should be a maximum of four editors.
- At least one editor should have access to InDesign or another suitable software program and be able to use it to create the article galleys.
- Editors serve for a three-year term, renewable based on mutual decision of the editor and the publications committee. It is understood that in keeping with best practices for academic journals, editors should not change frequently.
To Nominate or to Apply:
- Please direct all questions, nominations, or applications by April 17th, 2020 to Amanda Wheatley, chair, Publications Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are applying, please include a CV and a one-page statement of interest and experience.
- The Publications Committee will consider candidates based on the needs and qualities listed above, as well as the current co-editors’ input. Once the person is chosen, the Publication Committee will submit the name to the CAPAL Board for final approval.
Voir cet article en: Anglais