The Conference Organizing Committee is seeking convenors for its sessions at the CAPAL19 Conference, June 2-4, 2019 at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
Session convenors are vital to the success of the conference and your name and affiliation will be included in the conference program. It is a great opportunity to network with others in the library profession and build up your resume.
Convenors must register for Congress and CAPAL19 and they will not receive discounts or reimbursement for the Conference.
The primary responsibilities of a convenor are to:
- Contact the speaker(s) before the conference and make sure the presentation materials and biographical information of the speaker(s) have been provided.
- Arrive at the session room 15 minutes in advance of the session start time to set up and check the technology.
- Introduce the speaker(s) at the session and monitor the time for the speaker(s).
- Circulate the mic for questions.
- Assist speakers in packing up materials, re-arranging any moved furniture and tidying up for next session.
- Convenors are not responsible for slide presentation navigation except to fulfill accessibility needs.
If you wish to participate as a convenor, please:
- Review the Conference Program and Convenors Schedule attached for sessions requiring convenors.
- Email Volunteer Coordinator, Shannon Cheng (shannon.cheng[at]bccancer.bc.ca) and indicate:
- Your Name (first and last):
- Session(s) you would like to moderate in order of preference:
Please respond by Friday, April 26, 2019.
Thank you for your attention and we hope to hear from you!
CAPAL19 Volunteer Coordinator
View this post in: Anglais